Wednesday 10 June 2015

Can You Identify This Species Of Jasmine Please !!

I have this Jasmine plant growing In my garden for the past 4 years and I don't know its Botanical name ( What a shame)...I know...A brief description of the plant is that its a creeper that flowers on the onset of Summers till the Rains end.Summer time the plant spurts new growth of several stems and have these tiny buds at the end,the buds appear in clusters and bloom in the evenings after sunset .The scent is very aromatic just all jasmine species.The flowers are white in color with long petals ranging in numbers from  7 to 12  ,the flowers drop of mid noon.In India the flowers are strung together to make garlands that can be used as offerings or as a hair accessory worn by women.
































               I am awaiting your responses in helping me identify this plant Thank you All.

1 comment:

  1. Star Jasmine, tall bush and will lean like a vine on the fence. Hardy drought tolerant.

    ReplyDelete